This section is a global section that will be seen on all pages
1. What is PPP ?
- Programme Patinage Plus (CanSkate Program)
2. My child turns 3 in October. Can I sign him up in PPP?
No. The child must be 3 years of age on 1 July of the current year. No exceptions will be accepted.
3. Can I register my child in January?
- Subject to availability, registration can be done at the beginning of January. The payment will be adjusted accordingly.
4. Are there any fees if I cancel my child's registration?
Please refer to our refund policy
5. Can I leave the arena while my child skates?
- No! It is mandatory that a parent (or a guardian) be present at the arena while the child is on the ice.
6. Does my child need a helmet? If yes, what type of helmet?
- Yes, Please refer to the section "Equipment and Uniform".
7. Where can I buy skates for my child?
- La Maison du Patin (9371 Rue de Meaux, Saint-Léonard, QC H1R 3H3)
- Ici sport (5746 Jean Talon St E, Montreal, Quebec H1S 1M2)
- L’Artiste du Patin (7825 Blvd. Taschereau, Brossard, QC J4Y 1A4)
- And several other stores.
How many badges does my child need to receive to complete PPP? How much time will it take?
-Your child must receive 6 badges to complete PPP.
- At each level, 3 ribbons are required to receive one badge (agility, Balance, Control). Skaters are evaluated by coaches on a regular basis throughout the year. It is difficult to predict how long it will take to get one badge because the progression varies from child to another.
What happens after the 6th badge?
Your child can:
- join a Star Group.
- take private courses and start pre-competitive or competitive skating.
- join synchronized skating
10. How do I find a private coach for my child?
- Ask other parents for advice.
- Approach a coach your child knows from PPP.
- Consult our website for the list of CPA Saint Leonard certified coaches and contact them directly to see their availability
- Choose a coach that suits your schedule, your budget etc...
11. Can I become a volunteer at CPA Saint Léonard?
- CPA Saint Léonard is always looking for volunteers, if you want to give some of your time, please get in touch with the one of the board members or send an email to email@example.com.
12. Who are LES SUPRÊMES?
Les Supremes are synchronized skating teams that are part of CPA St Leonard. Synchronized skaters are recruited during an open house held in the spring. Skaters who have completed Step 4 of PPP are eligible to join the pre-juvenile team.
For more information, visit the Supreme's website or contact one of the club's volunteers.